V-Day Busan 2015: A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant, and A Prayer

5

1424963142205

**This year’s events will now consist of TWO shows on March 1st 4pm (doors open at 3:30) and 7pm (doors open at 6:30) at Monk Bar in KSU)**

2015 marks the 6th consecutive year of V-Day events in Busan.  V-Day Busan started with a performance of The Vagina Monologues in the spring of 2010.  Since then, there have been annual shows of The Vagina Monologues, V-Men, and/or A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer as well as several other fundraising events.  Over the last 5 years, V-Day Busan has raised about 25,000,000 won, 90% of it going to local charities such as House of Sharing, SaeGil Women’s Shelter, and Salim Women’s Shelter with the remaining 10% going to V-Day’s global movement.  Those involved each year volunteer their time, energy, and talent and know that V-Day Busan has been successful because of Busan’s receptive community whichsupports these important events year after year.

1424963146014

For this year’s V-DAY event, the group of talented and diverse women and men will be performing A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant, and A Prayer. A lot of new monologues have been incorporated, so even if you’ve seen the show in the past this year’s performance will offer something new. Ninety percent of the donations will go to Sae Gil Welfare Corporation/ Busan Women’s Shelter , a local women’s shelters here in Busan. The other ten percent will go to V-DAY’s global spotlight campaign. They will also be raffling off some great prizes during intermission at both performances Don’t miss out!

Sponsors of this year’s event have donated cash and prizes to make MMRP possible. Special thanks goes to: Bada Sang Jeom Jewelry Studio, Basement, Beach & Bench, Boi Brazil, Busan Yogurt, Evas, Evas Ticket, Galmaegi Brewing, Istation, HQ Gwangan, HQ KSU, Monk, Rooftop Western Pub, Sharkys, Standard, SushiBerry, Table Talk, The Hair, The Hummus Guys, Thursday Party, V-Day 2015, Welcome Home Pub, Wendy’s House, Wolfhound, and  Yaman.

Tickets are 15,000won and seats are very limited (especially for the 4pm show), so check the Facebook event page for details on how to get tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/events/449288168561172

Keep an eye out for details on the musical event on March 7th: “Voices for Vaginas”.

By Katie O and Christy Swain

Comments

comments