BUSAN, South Korea – The 16th edition of Busan International Film Festival gathers the "Big Three" in Asia for a special event. The three directors, who have played significant roles in Asian cinema, Apichatpong Weerasethakuli, Hong Sang-su, and Bong Jun-ho will attend the newly launched Busan Cinema Forum, to help in building a theoretical and academic base to enlarge the scope and field of the film industry.
The first opening presenter of the 2011 Busan Cinema Forum, Les Cahiers du Cinéma, will conduct a series of three seminars and conferences. Among these events, the three directors will attend the third presentation of Les Cahiers du Cinéma: ‘The Discussion of the Asian Directors supported by Cahiers’. They will discuss the topic of ‘The Future of Asian Cinema’ with film-activists from Les Cahiers du Cinéma – A renowned film critic media with a 60 year history.
One of the participants of the first Busan Cinema Forum, Les Cahiers du Cinéma, will head-lead "Globalism and Localism of East Asian Films – Possibilities and Limits of Asian Communities through Cinema" on Oct. 10th, 2011 at the Haeundae Grand Hotel Grand Ballroom. It will present three different sessions. In the first session, they will examine Asian cinema. For the second session, they will invite notable Korean film critics, Jung Sung-il and Huh Mun-young, and talk about Korean films. Then, the program will end with ‘The Discussion with Asian Big 3 supported by Les Cahiers du Cinéma. ’
Other than Les Cahiers du Cinéma, the best cinema scholar association in North America, the Society for Cinema and Media Studies along with six world film research organizations and selected critics will participate in the Busan Cinema Forum with their own chosen topics, under the theme of “Seeking the Path of Asian Cinema in the 21st century: East Asia”.
Anyone who wants to attend the discussion can participate with a Forum Badge
? Forum Badge registration (until Oct. 5th)
For Foreign Residents: Ends on October 5th (Wed.), 2011 (entry fee: USD 500 -includes 4 nights of accommodations)
– Overseas guests may be eligible for accommodations from Oct. 9th to Oct. 12th (4 nights)
Forum Badge Only: (w/o accommodation)
Individual: Ends on October 5th (Wed.), 2011 (50,000 won = USD 50)
? Application Procedure
1. Visit Busan Cinema Forum website (http://forum.biff.kr) and download the Application Form.
2. Submit to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Attachments.
3. Wire Transfer the fees to Busan Bank (Acct #: 032-01-048947-5, Acct Name –BIFF: Busan International Film Festival).
* Swift code: pusbkr2p (for overseas guest)
4. Receive an email from us that includes the application number and the deposit confirmation.
5. To get your Forum Badge, go to the Forum Information Desk at the Grand Hotel from Oct.
9th to 12th. (If you want to receive your card before Oct. 9th, please contact us at email@example.com)