- You’ve bowed to or spoken Korean to another foreigner.
- You remember when Busan only had 1 subway line.
- You were here before the Gwangan Bridge was built.
- You remember when the bars closed at midnight.
- You know where the original Thursday Party was opened.
- You’ve seen snow on the ground in Busan.
- You’ve taken the slow train to Seoul.
- You had a “beepie”.
- You know who Lee Hyo-ri is.
- You can understand a lot of the Korean “yok”, or swear words.
- You remember when coffee shops had telephones at the table.
- You attended a World Cup football match.
- You know what IMF means here.
- You have more Facebook friends here than back home.
- You’ve been to the Seaman’s club.
- You know which major fast food chain used to be here a long time ago but no longer is.
- You went to the Walmart here.
- You experienced typhoon Maemi.
- You stood in line for the telephone booth in front of Judie’s Taewha.
- You know what the “heart attack” is on Texas Street.
- You’ve been to a Hollywood Star or the Blues Bein.
- You know what the Dallas is.
- You’ve hiked every mountain in the city.
- You know the name of the former US army base in Busan.
- You know what Babopalooza is.
How did you score?
21-25 – Congrats! You’re an expert on experiencing Busan’s past and have obviously been here a long, long time!
15-20 – Well done! You obviously know the city well, but you still have a ways to go to be considered an old-timer — which may not be a bad thing.
10-14 – You’re on your way to becoming a veteran expat. You might need to do a little more research but you’re getting there.
0-9 – Still a newbie! You still have a long ways to go.
The Latest Haps
Lego will open it first official store in South Korea’s first LEGO Store at the Hyundai Department Store just south of Seoul, this Friday the company announced.
Kia Motors America continues to break records in sales for the division as sales in November reached a total of 52,504 units, a 15.3 percent increase over the same period last year. The brand’s seventh monthly sales record.
Foreign ministers of East Asian and Central and South American countries will gather in Busan next May.
Some female cast members of SNL Korea are under fire after a video of them sexually grabbing a popular K-pop boy bands genitals has sparked outrage on Korean social media.
The City of Busan has released its newest branding film entitled “Busan Brand Film” in hopes of promoting the city domestically and internationally.
Busan’s first, best, and only open mic comedy night returns tonight for its May edition at HQ Bar in KSU.
As an international traveler, you are used to the idea of various countries using different measures to refer to the same thing.
With many Korean BBQ places to choose from in the city, Kim Siljang Charcoal BBQ is a great, affordable place near Gwangan Beach.
Convenience store 7-11 has rolled out a nutritious option to its quick food grab line with a “Red Ginseng Chicken Breast” triangle kimbap.
France is renowned for its creative use of fresh market produce, and our hoteliers pride themselves on serving fare of the highest standard. Enjoy delicious food and elegant wines as you recall the highlights of the day.
Marine Bay Sands in Singapore has become the standard for not only luxury, but also noted as the place to go if you’re on a vacation to the southeast Asian tourist mecca.
Busan has a ton of great attractions to meet your tourist needs. Dynamic Busan Magazine introduces a few great places to get you started.
Busan Sports Council says that it will test-operate the Busan Indoor Tennis Facility in Sajik-dong for free starting today for 16 days to celebrate its opening.
Just in time for the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics, the South Korean luge team is about to get a German import.