Every gu and gun in Busan will hold New Year’s Sunrise Festivals starting around 6:30 a.m. on January 1, 2017, at the following locations.
Activities differ at each location, but a good festive atmosphere is sure to be had.
○ Songdo Beach, Seo-gu
○ Mt. Sujeong Family Sports Park, Dong-gu
○ Taejongdae Observatory, Yeongdo-gu
○ Bukjangdae at Mt. Maansan, Dongnae-gu
○ Oryukdo Skywalk, Nam-gu
○ Geumjeong Sanseong Fortress North Gate Square, Geumjeong-gu
○ Shinho-dong breakwater, Gangseo-gu
○ The site of an ancient castle at Mt. Baesan, Yeonje-gu
○ Gwangalli Beach, Suyeong-gu
The upper level of Gwangan Bridge will be open to all visitors from 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. on January 1, 2017. Traffic on the upper level of the bridge will be shut down from 5 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Geumjeongsan, Amisan, Baesan, Sujungsan and Chunmasan will also hold events in the mountains to pray for the New Year, which will also include singing, kite flying, drum performances and folk plays.