Date of Birth : March 28, 1986
Born : Gwangyang, Korea
Joined I’Park : 2009
Height : 186 cm
Weight : 74kg
Position & Number : Striker – 18
He is known for his tall good looks as well as his goal scoring ability. And although he struggled last year after joining I'Park in 2009, he has gotten over the slump by scoring 6 goals and 2 assists this season.
You have been here for three years already. How do you feel living in Busan?
– I had a lot of experiences during the past three years, but my living in Busan has given me great power. I got more responsibility than before, and I realized that fans are very important for us as pro-players. And I could feel, the fans caring heart and love can give power to us and I'm thankful for that love.
Recently have you heard about the Yang Dong-hyun song which was made from the Cha Doo-ri advertisement by Busan fans, and if you heard it, how does it make you feel?
– I heard about that while I was playing. At first, it was funny. But when I get tired, it gives me power. All the players might feel the same as me. When the fans call my name, it gives me energy.
You are evaluated as the best player this season. What are the differences with last season?
– First, I feel more comfortable than last year, but it might be because of my coach. And when I go onto the pitch, I have a good feeling about playing this season. It might be from gaining confidence, I think.
You had a great equalizer this season against FC Seoul. What is your best goal thus far in your opinion?
Especially, there have been many significant goals this season. I had a good goal in the Ulsan game, although it was a bit leery feeling that the goal had deflected off the defense at the last moment. And also the best goal was in the Seoul game, that one went in clean.
How did you set your aim of goals and assists this year?
– It's good to assist other goals, but I didn't set about a goal of assists, rather just goals only, because I am a striker. And my aim is to get over 10 goals in the league, and I think it will be possible with this pace I am on.
Don't you use Cyworld, Twitter, Facebook, Metoday, Daum or a blog for your fans?
– I don't like to make those things. The reason why, I am quite far away from those things (he was very strict to answer about this part.)
You are the one that has received the most love from fans among all of the players. What do you think about your personal magnetism that you gets you the love?
– (Laughs) Many people love all of us this season, and that causes me to get love from that I think. I had a lot of communication with fans this year, so it might be the effectiveness of my scoring goals I guess!
Lastly, what is soccer for you?
– It gives me many things and helps me to get love by many people. I am always thankful and happy for that. And "it's my enjoyment" in one word !