BUSAN, South Korea — Busan Foundation for International Activities (Busan Global Center) provides free simultaneous interpretation and translation service to the foreign residents, accompanying them when they visit the public institutions and hospitals, to help them settle in and adapt to Busan city life safely.
? To whom:Foreign residents in Busan, public institutions and hospitals, etc.
* We provide these interpretation and translation services only when foreign residents in Busan visit institutions (including Busan city hall, gu office, community center, multi-family support center, regional labor administration office, employment support center, etc.) and hospitals, etc.
? Available languages:English, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Russian
? Charge: free (except when clients have to pay, depending on the request content)
? How to apply:Subscription beforehand (at least 5 days before).
– Interpretation: Free when less than 2 hours (extra expense can arise when exceeding the time limit).
– Translation: Free when the quality is less than 3 sheets of A4
(font 12p, line interval 160%, but extra expense can arise when exceeding the quality limit ).
? How to apply
– Tel.: 1577-7716 (call center for foreigners)
– E-mail: Send the application form by E-mail (email@example.com)
– The interpretation and translation service volunteers are not specialist, so all the responsibility arising from this service is up to the clients.
– Unavailable service area
?This service is not available to the short stay foreign residents like tourists.
?This service is not available to the law (legal judgments) and passing or failure of examination matters.
?This service is not available to the critical medical checkup related with life and death.
?This service is not available to an official project or business related matters
Source: Busan City News