Busan International Foreign School is celebrating a remarkable five years at its beautifully designed campus in Gijang. School principal Kevin Baker tells us more about the school’s remarkable success.
Busan International Foreign School is thriving as it approaches the conclusion of its fifth year on its new campus in Gijang. It is incredible how much Busan’s largest and most international school has grown and how it is poised to shape the future of education in Busan and beyond!
BIFS is about innovation, learning personalization and student success. It is a school that lives its mission and has a strong and inspiring vision for the future. It is a school that is already well on its way toward growing from good to great for all of its students. Here are just some of BIFS’ accomplishments this past year under the leadership of their new Head of School, Kevin Baker:
- The launch of a new mission and vision for the school
- The awarding of a new management contract for BIFS from Busan Municipal City
- Achieving the highest enrollment in school history
- Celebrating the diversity of the 44 nationalities in our school through a comprehensive program of school-wide internationally minded assemblies.
- Successful completion of CIS and WASC accreditation and IB MYP authorization
- Strengthening of our outreach and involvement in the Busan community through participation in a record number of City of Busan events and community service activities
- The launch of a dynamic PTA who provided leadership for incredible community-building events, such as Fall Family Festival and International Day
- Outstanding placements at prestigious universities around the world for our graduating seniors
- The provision of the best professional training possible to further develop our world-class teachers
- KISAC and SKAC sport championships and student participation in international fine arts performances
- An international service trip to Cambodia
- Innovative programs for students: the launch of our robotics program and the hosting of a student TEDx event
BIFS’ vision is to continue to be the international school of choice for Busan and its surrounding community. We aspire to be the intellectual hub of international education innovation in South Korea and beyond. Our desire is for our students to develop and pursue their passions, be successful and contribute to a positive global future. To this end, we live our mission as a diverse, supportive and dynamic international school, inspiring and challenging our students to explore, discover and thrive in the global community to which we all belong. We enthusiastically invite all of Busan to join us as we continue to be “United in our Diversity, Thriving in our Individuality.”
You can learn even more about BIFS by visiting them on the web.