BUSAN, SOUTH KOREA - The Busan Global Center is hosting a photo contest featuring Busan through the eyes of foreigners and is eager to attract as many entries as possible. The theme of the contest is "Tuning a harmony of differences with an open mind." It aims to give people an opportunity to better understand Busan, its charms and, in particular, its transformation as an international city.
* Who may enter? Anyone.
* What to enter? – Categories as below.
– Busan, multi-cultural city!
– Busan as an international city.
– International communities and their events around Busan.
* How to enter?
– All entries must be received via email at email@example.com
(including a description (less than 150 words) of the photo, the date the photo was taken, and the participant’s full name)
The file name of the photo should be ‘participant’s name_photo title.jpg’.)
– No entry fee will be charged.
– You can submit more than one photo.
– Only digital photos (color or black & white) are acceptable regardless of the type of camera
– The format must be simple JPEG or JPG file (800*600 pixels). No other file formats will be accepted.
– Prize winners have to submit the original photo.
* Entry Deadline:
– 12 a.m. on October 2, 2011.
– The contest consists of two rounds of evaluation.
– Judging will be conducted by photographic experts and selected citizens.
– In Round 1, judges (photographic experts) will select 50 entries.
: Grand Prize(1), First Place(1), Second Place(1), and 47 entries for selection as the most popular photo.
– In Round 2, selected citizens will be invited to judge the most popular photo from those 47 entries.
– Grand Prize (1 winner) : 1,000,000 won and a souvenir
– First Place (1 winner) : 600,000 won and a souvenir
– Second Place (1 winner) : 300,000 won and a souvenir
– Most Popular Photo (1 winner) : 300,000 won and a souvenir
– Prize (46 winners) : souvenir
* Announcement of Winners
– Grand Prize, First and Second Place
– Date: October 17, 2011 (scheduled)
– Where: www.busanglobalcenter.or.kr
Other prize winners will be notified individually at an (as yet) unspecified date.
* Photo Exhibition
– Winning photos of the selected finalists will be displayed from October 24 at Busan Global Center.
You can apply ONLY IF you agree with the following rules …
– Any types of camera for shooting are acceptable.
– The photos you submit must be never have submitted to any contest before.
– After your photos has been nominated, you have to submit the original size of your photos.
– The photos must be submitted with a file name; yourname_title_.JPG.
– For optional, you could send your QR code, and it will be showing with your name and the title of your photo later in the Photo Exhibition.
– If a prize winner will not attend the prize ceremony without any pre-notification, the prize money could be canceled. However, the souvenir will be still possible to be taken at Busan Global Center even after the ceremony.
– Once your photos are awarded, Busan Global Center/ Busan Foundation for International Activities owns unlimited rights regarding your awarded photos.
– The copyright of the submitted photos have to be cleared and not related in any illegal matters.
– You must understand that the portrait rights problems regarding your photos belong to you, not to BGC and the sponsor.
– Any violation of the contest rules may serve as a reason for annulment of the award even after the prize is awarded.
– Non-awarded photos are not returned.
– All results are final and there are no re-evaluations.
– Your submission of photos is regarded as your agreement to the contest rules.
– The prizes and schedules of the contest may vary without prior notices.
* For more information, call 051-668-7901 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org