BUSAN, South Korea — Send your photos to the 14th Busan Tourism Photo Contest!
This contest takes place every year to promote Busan as a dynamic and beautiful tourism attraction.
Under the slogan of ‘Dynamic Busan,’ Busan invites all photo enthusiasts to this year’s contest!
(extra points are given to members of Photo Artist Association of Korea)
1. All kinds of experience tourism (kimchi making, tea ceremony, pottery, marine sports, temple stay, Galmetgil, fishing village and many more)
2. Specialties of Busan(Siat pancake, jokbal, gopchang, milmyeon, Busan eomuk, Gijang miyeok, pork gukbab, jipbul sea eel, etc.)
3. Season’s scenes (flowers, beaches, autumn leaves, or snow)
4. Festivals (Gwangalli Eobang Festival, Busan Theater Festival, Igidae Firefly Festival, Busan Biennale, Christmas Tree Festival, etc.)
5. Night scenery (panorama view of Haeundae, Eulsukdo Island, Hwangnyeongsan, etc.)
? Points may be lower for entries of similar themes with existing winning works.
How to Enter
· Anyone is welcome.
· Each photo shoul d be 11?Ã 14? color photo without blank margin. (panel not required for negative film, slide film photo, and digital photo)
· One person can submit up to 6 photos.
· Entry fee is 10,000 KRW per person.
· All works should be submitted from July 1 to 6 p.m. on July 29, 2013.
· Please affix the following information on the back of each photo: title, date, location where the photo was taken, and artist’s name, address, and phone number. Both JPEG(for print) file and original(digital, negative film, slide film) must be submitted.
? For film photo, send negative and original slide film
?For digital photo: One CD. Create ‘Original File’ and ‘For Print’ folders.
In ‘Original File’ folder, include all original files of photos -12 million pixel(4000×3000 or higher).
In ‘For Print’ folder, include JPEG files of entries.
· All entries should be submitted to the Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter(PASKBS)
608-810, 78 Yongso-ro, Nam-gu, Busan, 4th Floor, Busan Art Center. Tel: 051-631-4111
· Grand Prize (1 work): 3,000,000 & certificate of award from Mayor of Busan Metropolitan City
· First Prize (1): 2,000,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS
· Second Prize (1): 1,000,000 & certificate of award from President of Korea Tourism Organization
· Third Prizes (3): 300,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS
· Fourth Prizes (5): 200,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS
· Participation Prizes (80) : 100,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS (up to 30% of all entries)
Judging and Exhibition
· Judging date: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, Grand Conference Hall, 1F Busan Metropolitan City Hall
· Announcement: Friday, August 2, 2013, on PASKBS website www.paskbs.com, and individual notification
· Award ceremony: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 15:00, during Busan International Travel Fair at BEXCO
· Exhibition: September 6 ~9, 2013 (4 days), Busan International Travel Fair at BEXCO
· In selecting winning entries, extra points are given to members of Photo Artist Association of Korea (PASK)
· All winning submissions including intellectual property rights such as rights of production of derivative work and compilation work become the property of Busan Metropolitan City and Korea Tourism Organization and may be published for public purposes by associations, local chapters, branches and the provincial council.
· If the winning entries are found to be winners in other contest, unoriginal, counterfeit, or composite, all prizes are forfeited, and members of PASK will be subject to disciplinary measures while non-members will be barred from joining PASK for up to 7 years.
· No entry should violate portrait rights, intellectual rights or any rights of third persons. Violations of copyrights may be subject to punishment by relevant laws. Entrants assume full responsibility for any problems associated with the content of their entries including portrait rights.
· All submissions except winning entries will be returned by mail with a book of winning entries (however, entries from those in Busan should be personally redeemed from the PASKBS office within 10 days of the end of the exhibition. Unclaimed entries will be left at the disposal of PASKBS)
All inquiries may be address to PASKBS at 051-631-4111
? Hosted by Busan Metropolitan City
? Organized by Photo Artist Association Busan Chapter
? Sponsored by Photo Artist Association, Korea Tourism Organization, and Busan Metropolitan City Tourism Association
Source: Busan City News