The 13th Busan Tourism Photo Contest
BUSAN, South Korea – Busan Metropolitan City is hosting the 13th Busan Tourism Photo Contest to promote Busan as a beautiful and dynamic city.
· Natural environment, festivals, folk culture, cultural heritage, and other tourism resources of Busan including:
-Experience tour programs in Busan
-Local delicacies (Hoddeok at BIFF Square, ddeokbokki, Busan fishcake, Gijang seaweed, Doejigukbab, Jipbuljangeo etc)
-New tourism resources in Busan such as Busan Cinema Center, Galmaetgil footpaths, National Maritime Museum, Moontan Road, etc.
Eligibility and application
· The contest is open to anyone.
· Each photo should be an unmounted print measuring 11 inches by 14 inches without edges.
· This contest is for color photographs only.
· Up to 6 entries are allowed per person.
· The entry fee is KRW 20,000 per person
· The contest begins July 1, 2012 and ends August 1, 2012 (all submissions must arrive by 6 p.m. on August 1)
· Please affix the following information to the back of each photo: title, date and place that photograph was taken, name, phone number and address of the artist.
· For digital photography, each photo must be submitted in printed and electronic form. Submit a compact disc containing two files – altered version for printing purposes (jpeg) and original version (3,000×2,000 pixels) without any alterations.
· For film photography, both film and print submission is required.
· All entries should be submitted to the Photo Artist Association of Korea Busan Chapter (PASKBS)
608-810, 78 Yongso-ro, Nam-gu, Busan Metropolitan City, 4th floor, Busan Art Center
· 1 Grand Prize: KRW 3,000,000 & certificate of award from Mayor of Busan Metropolitan City
· 1 First Prize: KRW 2,000,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS
· 1 Second Prize: KRW 1,000,000 & certificate of award from President of Korea Tourism Organization
· 3 Third Prizes: KRW 300,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS
· 5 Fourth Prizes: KRW 200,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS
· 80 Participation Prizes: KRW 100,000 & certificate of award from President of PASKBS
Judging and Exhibition
· Date: Friday 3 August, 2012, Grand Conference Hall, Busan Metropolitan City Hall
· Announcement: Monday 6 August, 2012, on PASKBS website www.paskbs.com, and by notification
· Award ceremony: Saturday 8 September, 2012, 15:00, BEXCO Exhibition hall during Busan International Travel Fair
· Exhibition: September 7-10, 2012 (4 days), Busan International Travel Fair, BEXCO
· In selecting winning entries, extra points are given to members of Photo Artist Association of Korea (PASK)
· All winning submissions become the property of Busan Metropolitan City and Korea Tourism Organization, and may be published for public purposes by associations, local chapters, branches and the provincial council.
· If the winning entries are found to be unoriginal, counterfeit, or composite, all prizes will be forfeited, and members of PASK will be subject to disciplinary measures while non-members will be barred from joining the PASK for up to 7 years.
· Entrants assume full responsibility for any problems associated with the content of their entries including portrait rights.
· All submiss io ns except winning entries will be returned by mail along with a book of winning entries (however, entries from those in Busan should be personally redeemed from the PASKBS office within 5 days of the end of the exhibition). Unclaimed entries will be left at the disposal of PASKBS.
· All enquiries may be addressed to PASKBS at 051-631-4111.
? Host: Busan Metropolitan City
? Organizer: Photo Artist Association Busan Chapter
? Sponsor: Photo Artist Association of Korea, Korea Tourism Organization, Busan Metropolitan City Tourism Association
Source: Busan City News